Thursday, December 1, 2011

DEC. 1, 2011

If you don't know, today is World AIDS Day. December 1 every year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. Government and health officials observe the day, often with speeches or forums on the AIDS topics. Since 1995, the President of the United States has made an officialproclamation on World AIDS Day. Governments of other nations have followed suit and issued similar announcements.

I remember last year, i was on the hospital because my aunt is giving birth to her second child. I noticed that our city councilors are distributing condoms and other contraceptives to the people. It is our city's way of making the community aware of HIV or AIDS. For today, I don't know what they did to raise awareness in our city since I am now in Metro.

I have to admit that I wasn't able to contibute anything about this matter but I promise that I will do something someday to lessen the cases of AIDS if not in the world but at least in my country.

SHARE WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WORLD AIDS DAY: HERE 


As Fashion lovers, we should not forget to make this thing as an inspiration like what H&M is doing:

READ MORE: H&M World Aids Day